How to Use the myChevrolet Mobile App
These days, staying connected to your friends, family and everything else that’s important to you is easier than it has ever been in a Chevy thanks to state-of-the-art infotainment and built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi through OnStar. But in today’s age of non-stop connectivity, staying connected to your vehicle when you’re away from it can be equally important. Thankfully, this is just as easy by using the myChevrolet mobile app.
Learning how to use the app and understanding all that it can do is important to fully enjoying your Chevy experience. So, let’s start by explaining what you need to do to set up the app on your phone.
[More Chevy Tech: See how Teen Driver features keep teens safe and give parents peace of mind]
How to Download the myChevrolet App
Before downloading the app, keep in mind that certain features do require an OnStar Basic Plan subscription. Therefore, myChevrolet will require your log in credentials from OnStar, though a Chevrolet Owner Center ID and password may also work.
- Download the myChevrolet app. If you’re on an iPhone, this will be done through the Apple App Store. Smartphones running an Android operating system will download the app through Google Play.
- Open the app on your smartphone and submit the information necessary to register your vehicle. You can also register through the Chevrolet Owner Center at my.chevrolet.com if you’re familiar with the service.
- Once registered, you will be able to log into the app using your OnStar or Chevrolet Owner Center credentials.
The myChevrolet App Features
If you have used previous versions of the myChevrolet mobile app or the OnStar RemoteLink app, you may already be familiar with some of the capabilities of this vehicle connectivity system. The new myChevrolet app, however, combines all of these features into one platform. Here are some of its key abilities, which can be performed by you even when you’re away from the vehicle:
- View diagnostic information
- Start/turn off the vehicle
- Lock/unlock the doors
- Activate the horn/lights
- Manage the Wi-Fi hot spot
The app can even request roadside assistance should you need it, as well as set a preferred dealer and provide access to a digital owner’s manual. As you can see, the myChevrolet mobile app is a must-have for owner’s of Chevy models. But if you don’t own one, its connectivity capabilities may just persuade you to go with Chevy for your next new vehicle. To learn more about how the app works or what other technology features you’ll be able to use in new Chevy models, contact us at Parks Chevrolet.