What to Do If You Get In a Car Accident In Kansas
Getting in a car accident is one of those things that no one ever thinks will happen to them… until it does. Therefore, few drivers are actually prepared to know what to do if a collision occurs. We’re here to help with that by providing some steps you’ll want to take if you ever get in an accident on Kansas roads.
First of all, there are some things you will want to have in your vehicle should you ever get in a collision. In addition to your driver’s license and vehicle registration, make sure you have up-to-date auto insurance information in case it is needed.
[Read more: Know what to do if you ever hit a deer with your car]
Steps to Take After a Vehicle Collision On Kansas Roads
- If a collision occurs, pull your vehicle over near the accident but safely out of the way of traffic.
- Assess the situation to spot any additional dangers (such as a fire) or any injuries to yourself or others. Call the police as soon as you are out of any danger.
- Gather your insurance information and driver’s license, and when it is safe to do so, exit the vehicle to exchange this information with the other driver in the collision. If the vehicle you hit was unoccupied, leave these details on a note placed under the windshield wiper. You will need to exchange the following details:
-Name, address, phone number and email address
-Driver’s license number
-License plate number
4. Before either vehicle is driven or taken away, take photos of the accident scene if it is safe to do so.
5. Always report the incident to the police. Do so before you depart if you didn’t immediately after the accident.
The Parks Body Shop Helps You Deal With Your Insurance and Auto Body Repair After An Accident
One of the toughest things drivers deal with in regards to a vehicle collision is their insurance company. You’ll want to contact your insurance provider ASAP to discuss your coverage and what you need to do to get your vehicle repaired.
But you should know that you don’t have to deal with this alone, as long as you choose an experienced and reliable body shop team like the auto body repair and collision center at Parks Family Dealerships. Remember that it is your choice who repairs your vehicle, not your insurance company’s. The Parks Body Shop will speak with you to help you navigate the waters of your insurance coverage and to provide you with an honest estimate. Better yet, if you’ve purchased your vehicle new from us in the past, you’re part of the Parks Advantage Rewards Program, which means we’ll cover $500 of your collision deductible should you need it within the first year of ownership.
So, if you ever do get in a collision here in Kansas and don’t know what to do, make sure you follow the steps above. And, perhaps most importantly, know that you don’t have to handle the process of auto body repair on your own. Simply contact our team at Parks Family Dealerships by calling 316-775-4350.